Monday, April 10, 2006

Rocket Shot Energy Drink Review

As I stated in my earlier postNOS Energy Drinks, I like to have energy to spare when I am working out. Normally I get this from a well planned meal about an hour to an hour and a half before I workout. If I don’t get that meal I like to have an energy drink instead. So to get that quick burst of energy before my workout I ventured to the local vitamin store. There was quite a large selection but I finally settled on a small little guy called the Rocket Shot Energy Drink and here is what I think of it.

Small Size – Average Flavor
This 1.8-ounce drink known as the Rocket Shot Energy Drink can pack one heck of a quick burst of energy. Compared to the NOS Energy Drink that I reviewed early last week the flavor was not all that bad. As I mentioned before I am not a huge citrus fan, and that is what most energy drinks pick as their main flavor. Fortunately for me I was able to find the Rocket Shot Energy Drink in berry flavor. The Rocket Shot Energy drink also comes in the traditional citrus flavor which called orange mango.

Ingredients
The Rocket Shot Energy Drink’s main ingredients are "a special blend of B-Vitamins, L-taurine, Caffeine and inosistol." With the energy drink usually comes a bunch of empty calories, but with the Rocket Shot Energy Drink I only consumed an extra 30 calories. That is only another 2 minutes on the treadmill! Another thing about the Rocket Shot Energy Drink is that it packs all that punch with only 7 grams of sugar.

Cons
What I did not like about the drink was that the package was kind of a hassle to open. There were two different seals that had to be opened before I could slam the drink. Also, remember to shake the drink, if you don’t there will be some unmixed powder at the bottom that will catch you by surprise.

Final Judgement
Overall, I would give it about 4.5 out of 5. The taste was a little better than the NOS Energy Drink, there were less calories and you did not feel full after slamming it which means you could consume it right before a workout. The small size was good but they should work on the package so it is not so hard to open. The price was $1.49, which seems a little steep for 1.8 ounces, but is average when it comes to an energy drink, and is actually not that bad consider it does pack a pretty decent punch.

2 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just wanted to say that you can buy the Rocket shot energy drinks at wal-mart for only 97 cents!!!

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This thing barely worked. I slammed it on my way into work at 7:30 am, and now at 8:30 I am so tired.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Energy Drink Reviews